CHRISTIAN EDUCATION GOALS
"Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me."
We want our children:
- To have Biblical literacy;
- To be able to participate in a Presbyterian worship service with the Lord's Prayer, Doxology and other basic skills;
- To have opportunities to be involved in social justice and to understand the reason our church is invested in questions of social justice (Jesus as our model, the great commandment);
- To be part of a church family in relationship with people of a variety of ages, and to have opportunities to build these relationshps;
- To understand that God loves us and cares for us, and to develop Christian spirituality and discipleship in that context;
- To respond to God's love with thankfulness shown by our acts in the world.